Colin C. Clark
Colin joined the firm in 2021 and focuses his practice primarily on business law, including mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions, trademark and copyright matters, regulatory compliance, and entity formation, structuring, and governance. Colin was previously a partner at another well-respected Metro East law firm, where he spent several years as part of the transactional practice group.
Over a career spent practicing in communities throughout Southern Illinois and the Greater St. Louis Metropolitan Area, Colin has gained broad experience serving a wide variety of individuals, businesses, and organizations. He has closed multi-million dollar business transactions, settled contract disputes, assisted startups with fundraising through exempt private offerings, handled IRS applications for individual and group tax exemptions on behalf of not for profit entities, and helped businesses large and small develop policies and practices for navigating complex regulatory landscapes. Colin utilizes this experience to help his clients avoid common pitfalls, plan for the unexpected, and prime their businesses for success.
Colin presently serves as Vice-Chair of the Illinois State Bar Association’s Business and Securities Law Section Council and is an active member of the ISBA’s Standing Committee on Legal Education, Admission and Competence, for which he serves as chair of the subcommittee on law school debt.
In his spare time, Colin enjoys traveling, attending concerts, and going on adventures with his wife, daughter, and Wheaten Terrier.
- Selected by peers as an Emerging Lawyer in Closely & Privately Held Business Law
- Selected by peers as an Emerging Lawyer in Business and Individual Tax Law
- S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D.
- Concentration in Urban Development, Land Use, and Environmental Law
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A.
- Majors: Political Science & Speech Communication | Minor: Anthropology
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Illinois YMCA Youth and Government – Volunteer Advisor; former Development Board Member
- Louis Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts – Pro Bono Attorney
- Benton Park Neighborhood Association – Former Board Member and Secretary
- Leadership Belleville Class of 2018
- YMCA of Jefferson County (IL) – Former Board Member